Ladbrokes New Customer Offer: Bet £10 Get £30 Free*
Used 21332 times.
Ladbrokes New Customer Offer
Ladbrokes bet £10 get £30 sign up offer key terms below – click here to claim this offer, no promo code required:
- *Ladbrokes New Customer Offer: 18+. New Casino players only. Deposit required. Play £10+ on qualifying games. 40x wager reqs (Bonus only) on selected games. Accept Bonus within 14 days. Bonus valid for 30 days. Certain deposit types excluded. Player restrictions and T&Cs apply.
Please note, the ever-popular Ladbrokes free bet offer for sports betting detailed on the rest of this page is still available below if you prefer that deal.
Ladbrokes New Customer Offer – February 2024
Bet £/€5 Get £/€20 In Free Bets. New customers only, 18+, T&Cs apply – no promo code is required for this Ladbrokes sign up offer, just use this qualifying link to claim this deal.
- Ladbrokes Joining Offer – Significant terms: 18+. UK+IRE customers only. Certain deposit methods & bet types excluded. Min £/€5 first bet within 14 days of account reg at min odds 1/2 = 4 x £/€5 free bets. Free bets valid for 7 days on sports, stakes not returned, restrictions apply. T&Cs apply. For full T&Cs click here.
For further details of this Ladbrokes joining offer, read our Ladbrokes free bet explained page.
You don’t currently require a Ladbrokes promo code to access their sign up offers. Simply click through the correct qualifying link to access the Ladbrokes new customer offer of your choice. If you like this type of offer then check out this identical Coral New Customer offer!
Ladbrokes New Customer Offer UK
The latest Ladbrokes new customer offers across all of their digital products are listed on this page alongside the correct qualifying links and sign up offer codes. For those needing the promo code for the Ladbrokes £20 free bets, simply press ‘Reveal’ at the top of the page.
Ladbrokes are a market leader in the United Kingdom, whose online sportsbook product continues to improve with time. We have the latest Ladbrokes new customer offers across all of their products which are listed above alongside the correct qualifying links and any promo codes you require to access them – not all Ladbrokes new customer offers require a promo code. These deals are checked on a daily basis to ensure that they are all are current and available. Click on the relevant offer link to access the promotion of your choice.
Ladbrokes new customer offers currently span sportsbook, casino and bingo products. Simply press the ‘Reveal’ button at the head of this page or follow one of our signposted links for the latest Ladbrokes new customer offer.
- Ladbrokes New Customer Offer – Sports: 18+. UK+IRE customers only. Certain deposit methods & bet types excluded. Min £5 first bet within 14 days of account reg at min odds 1/2 = 4 x £5 free bets. Free bets valid for 7 days on sports, stakes not returned, restrictions apply. T&Cs apply.
- Ladbrokes Sign Up Offer – Casino: 18+. New Casino players only. Deposit required. Play £10+ on qualifying games. 40x wager reqs (Bonus only) on selected games. Accept Bonus within 14 days. Bonus valid for 30 days. Certain deposit types excluded. Player restrictions and T&Cs apply. For further details read our Ladbrokes deposit 10 get 30 page.
- Ladbrokes Welcome Offer – Bingo Spend £5, Get £25: 18+. New Bingo players only. Deposit required. Spend 5 or more on Bingo tickets to get a 25 Bingo bonus. 2x wagering requirements apply to bonus. Accept bonus within 14 days. Bonus valid for 30 days. Certain deposit types excluded. Player restrictions and T&Cs apply.
Ladbrokes New Customer Offer Ireland
Ladbrokes have a huge and growing customer base in the Republic of Ireland and have a range of dedicated new customer offers across both Sportsbook and Gaming which are in Euro currency. Below you’ll find the full Ladbrokes Ireland welcome offer range including any required promo code and promotion qualifying link with which to access:
|Ladbrokes New Customer Offer Ireland
|Ladbrokes Promo Code
|Bet €5 Get €20 Offer
|No Promo Code Offer
|Stake €10, Get €30 Bonus
|No Promo Code Offer
|Spend €5 Get €25 Bonus
|No Promo Code Offer
Significant terms for Ladbrokes Irish new customer offers:
- Ladbrokes Welcome Offer, Sports Betting – Bet €5, Get €20 in Free Bets: 18+. UK+IRE customers only. Certain deposit methods & bet types excluded. Min £5 first bet within 14 days of account reg at min odds 1/2 = 4 x £5 free bets. Free bets valid for 7 days on sports, stakes not returned, restrictions apply. T&Cs apply.
- Ladbrokes Casino Stake €10 Get €30 Welcome Bonus: 18+. New Casino players only. Deposit required. Play €10+ on qualifying games. 40x wager reqs (Bonus only) on selected games. Accept Bonus within 14 days. Bonus valid for 30 days. Certain deposit types excluded. Player restrictions and T&Cs apply.
- Ladbrokes Bingo Spend €5, Get €25 Welcome Bonus: 18+. New Bingo players only. Deposit required. Spend 5 or more on Bingo tickets to get a 25 Bingo bonus. 2x wagering requirements apply to bonus. Accept bonus within 14 days. Bonus valid for 30 days. Certain deposit types excluded. Player restrictions and T&Cs apply.
Ladbrokes Sign Up Offer - Step By Step Introduction
Follow this step-by-step guide below to access your £20 in free bets Ladbrokes sign up offer.
- Step 1 – Close any instances of the Ladbrokes website on your browser.
- Step 2 – To access the Bet £5, Get £20 in free bets Ladbrokes welcome offer, press the reveal bonus code button at the top of the page or alternatively claim here – our Sportsbook links qualify you for and entitle you to the Ladbrokes new customers offer, which is also available in € for Republic of Ireland residents. After placing a qualifying £5 first bet, free bets arrive in the form of 4 x £5 free bets.
- Step 3 – Now you’ve landed on the Ladbrokes website. Click the “Join Here” link on the left-side of Ladbrokes’ website.
Now start filling out the account registration form. You’ll be asked to enter a username and password, which you should record and keep private – you need these details ongoing to login. No promo code is required to activate your Bet £5, Get £20 in free bets promotion. Once populated tick the Ladbrokes Terms and Conditions box and then press the ‘Open Account’ button to receive the Bet £5, Get £20 of free bets promotion.
- Step 4 – Now you’ve registered, it’s time to make your first deposit. Ensure your first deposit is by debit card as any new customer using Skrill, Paysafe, Neteller, PayPal or any other e-wallet to deposit will not qualify for this free bet offer. Deposit at least £5 or €5 and place your first sportsbook bet of £5 win or £5 each-way (£10 in total) at odds of at least 1/2 (1.5) or greater. For a single line accumulator bet, each individual selection of the bet must at fractional odds of 1/2 or greater to be deemed a Qualifying Bet.
- Step 5 – Ladbrokes will then credit your account with 4x £5 or €5 free bets. A huge plus side of this promotion is that the free bet credits are received after placing your original qualifying bet, rather than after it has been settled. Effectively you receive your free bets instantly, giving you the opportunity to place more bets. Your free bets must be used within 4 days.
Ladbrokes Welcome Offer
The current Ladbrokes welcome offer has never been better. Right now you can access their hugely popular Bet £5, Get £20 of Free Bets Sportsbook promotion which is available for a limited time only using the latest Ladbrokes promo code available when you click ‘reveal’.
The Ladbrokes sign up offer is available to new customers, 18+ in both the United Kingdom and Republic of Ireland – full welcome promotion details are available below:
- Ladbrokes Welcome Offer Amount – £/€20
- Qualifying Deposit – £/€5
- Qualifying Deposit Method – has to be via a debit card upon joining. Deposits made using Paysafe, Neteller, Skrill or PayPal are excluded from this promotion.
- Qualifying Bet – Sportsbook (Fixed Odds) – The promotion is triggered after your first bet. Place your first sportsbook qualifying bet with stakes of £/€5 win or £/€5 each-way (£/€10 total) at odds of at least 1/2 (1.5). Ladbrokes will then give you a free £/€20 bet. You have 14 days from the point of registering to place your qualifying bets. Bets placed after this time will not activate the promotion.
- Free Bet Activation Requirements – Ladbrokes will credit your account with 4 x £/€5 bet tokens when you have successfully placed your first qualifying bet. You then have 4 days to use them. The free bets must be wagered in full, can be redeemed on win or each-way bets and can be used on the following listed bet types: single, double, treble, 4-fold and upwards accumulator, forecast, combination.
- Free Bet Terms and Conditions – Qualifying Bet and free bets cannot be used with Cash Out. Free bet tokens are non-refundable. Free bet stake is not included in any returns. Free bets are valid for 4 days. Free bet tokens are not valid on Ladbrokes Exchange, tote, pools, other combination and multiple bets (i.e Lucky 15s). Free bets cannot be redeemed on any other Ladbrokes digital product such as Ladbrokes Bingo, Ladbrokes Casino etc. New customers only, 18+, T&Cs apply.
Ladbrokes Sportsbook New Customer Offers 2024 Updates
The Ladbrokes new customer offer detailed on this page is due to run into 2024. If any of the deals change then we’ll list the Ladbrokes current promotions on this page.
Ladbrokes Existing Customers
If you’re an existing Ladbrokes customer, a breakdown of ongoing sports promotions offers is summarised further down the page – click here to view these offers. Ladbrokes were one of the first bookmakers to recognise that their existing customer base needs to be incentivised to remain happy, so free bet promotions are a core part of the Ladbrokes marketing platform. However they DO NOT give away free bets via promo codes. So if you are looking for an immediate free bet via a bonus code you won’t find one anywhere online.
Why Open A Ladbrokes Sportsbook Account?
Ladbrokes Sportsbook are setting a clear course to grow their market share by giving their new customers a fantastic experience which will set the bar in terms of online bookmakers, and in turn offering new players £20 in free bets.
Their new exciting terms of business includes a brilliant way of accessing their Sportsbook, where for a £5 or €5 first qualifying bet you can access £20 or €20 of free bet tokens with which to try their product. Ladbrokes are also attracting a huge growth in their new customer numbers, via their hugely popular Odds Boosts, which are available daily to punters. You choose which odds you want to boost.
Open a Ladbrokes Sport account via one of our qualifying links and stake £5 or €5 on any sports selection at minimum odds of 1/2 (1.5) as your first bet and Ladbrokes Sportsbook provide 4 x £/€5 free bet tokens. The free bet tokens are made available as soon as you place your first qualifying bet, and can then be used immediately. To access this Ladbrokes sign up offer simply click on any of our yellow qualifying links – use this – or the ‘Reveal’ button at the top of this page.
- Ladbrokes Sports Bet £5, Get £20 in Free Bets: 18+. UK+IRE customers only. Certain deposit methods & bet types excluded. Min £5 first bet within 14 days of account reg at min odds 1/2 = 4 x £5 free bets. Free bets valid for 7 days on sports, stakes not returned, restrictions apply. T&Cs apply.
Ladbrokes are the original pioneers of the Odds Boost – the facility to personally boost the odds on offer within your Betslip. Odds Boosts have taken the industry by storm and it’s a customer promotion which has gone down fantastically well with punters. Odds Boost puts you in control allowing at least one bet per day, which can be boosted with increased odds. You decide where you want to allocate your Odds Boost. The first £50 or €50 of stakes will be struck at the boosted price. For reference Odds Boost Tokens cannot be used in conjunction with free bet tokens.
From a Gaming perspective, Ladbrokes Casino offer up a £30 Welcome Bonus after you have staked your first £10 with them. All of these specific new customer promotions are detailed further up the page.
- Ladbrokes Casino Stake £10, Get £30 Welcome Bonus: 18+. New Customers Only. Minimum bet £10 on qualifying games. 40x wagering (bonus only) on selected games. Bonus valid for 30 days. Certain deposit types excluded. Bets covering > 70% of Roulette table excluded. T&C’s apply.
A summary of the latest Ladbrokes new customer offer for sportsbook and all other ongoing customer promotions can be seen below:
|New Customer Offers
|Ladbrokes New Customer Offer
|Bet £/€5, Get £/€20 in Free Bets
|For new customers - use one of our qualifying links and once registered place a £5 qualifying first bet to receive 4x £5 free bets. Bet €5, Get €20 in free bets for Republic of Ireland residents.
|Stake £/€10, Get £/€30 Welcome Bonus
|18+. New Casino players only. Deposit required. Play £10+ on qualifying games. 40x wager reqs (Bonus only) on selected games. Accept Bonus within 14 days. Bonus valid for 30 days. Certain deposit types excluded. Player restrictions and T&Cs apply.
|Odds Boost - Daily Boost You Control
|Enjoy one Odds Boost per day on any pre-match or in-play markets that you select. Great for football, racing, golf or any sport, Ladbrokes provide at least one Odds Boost every day which you control.
|Football ACCA Insurance - ALL Leagues
|Place a football ACCA of five teams or more covering ALL leagues and if one team lets you down, Ladbrokes refund your stake as a free bet, up to £/€25.
|Tailor-made prices for for football bets, across winning match and player stats combination? Tweet your bet @Ladbrokes with #GetAPrice to get your price.
|Football Enhanced Odds
|Every day, all of the big matches. Ladbrokes release a bundle of big enhanced prices across a plethora of markets.
|Maximum Payout Protection
|Ladbrokes are not scared of taking a bet or paying-out big sums. Their £1 million daily maximum payout limit across the top competitions is exceptional.
|Horse Racing Betting
|Best Odds Guaranteed - UK and Ireland
|UK and Ireland From 9am onwards if the starting price is bigger Ladbrokes will pay you out at the bigger odds.
|Odds Boost - Through The Card
|Every day, Ladbrokes nominate a race meeting where you can use their Odds Boost facility, across every race on the card. A fantastic promotion, which will be perfect across the big Festival meetings.
|Extended 4 & 5 Places Each-Way
|Ladbrokes have upped their game of late offering 4 & 5 places each-way on a daily basis at 1/5 odds
Ladbrokes Sportsbook by Sport
We took a Premier League fixture and ran through the individual betting markets available pre-match with Ladbrokes. In all, 174 markets were available to place a bet on. Naturally we won’t list all of the individual markets, but a flavour can be seen in the list below:
Pre-Match Popular Markets available: Match Betting, Both Teams to Score, Both Teams to Score and Total, Match Result and Both Teams to Score, Double Chance, Draw No Bet, Half-Time/Full-Time; Scorecast Markets: First Goalscorer Scorecast, To Score Anytime, Last Goalscorer Scorecast, 1st Half Scorecast, Goalscorer Markets: First Goalscorer, Last Goalscorer, First & Last Goalscorer, Anytime Goalscorer; Scorer Win Cast, Total Goals, Exact Total Goals, Total Goals Odd/Even; Handicap Markets: Handicap 0:2, 0:1, 1:0, Asian Handicap 1st Half & 2nd Half; 5 Minute Markets: Goal Scored, Corner Awarded, Card Shown, Penalty Awarded, What Will Happen?; Goal Time: Time of 1st Goal by Team, Time of 1st Goal Under/Over by Team; Match Goal by 15 minutes.
In-play Premier League Betting – 118 different in-play markets available across Premier League matches. You’ll struggle to find another online bookmaker with this depth of coverage.
ACCA Insurance ALL Leagues – Ladbrokes Sportsbook have gone a step further with their market-beating ACCA Insurance product. It’s now available on all matches across all leagues that they price-up. Place a 5+ team accumulator and get money back as a free bet up to £/€25 if one side lets you down. An all-encompassing ACCA Insurance from Ladbrokes, which applies to losing bets placed on the match result (Win-Draw-Win) markets.
Maximum free bet refund of £/€25 per customer per day. If multiple qualifying bets are settled on the same day, only the earliest bet placed will be refunded. Qualifying bets must be placed before kick-off. Bets placed in-play do not count. Bets placed using free bets will not qualify for this promotion. Only bets staked using Cash will qualify. Cashed out bets do not qualify for this promotion.
Football Odds Boosts – Naturally you can use Odds Boosts across football betting with Ladbrokes Sportsbook. Customers receive a minimum single Odds Boost per day and they appear your betslip if the token can be used on the selected market. Can be used on singles and accumulators. They apply to the first £/€200 of stakes which are struck at the boosted price.
Premier League In-Play Odds Boosts – Ladbrokes also give away Premier League In-Play Price Boosts. Promotions have varied but we have seen Odds Boosts per half on all Premier League games both midweek and at the weekend. A token was credited to be used for each half of the match, with one token being credited at kick off, with a second being credited at kick off of the second half. Both tokens expired at full time.
#GetAPrice – Ladbrokes Sportsbook are now offering tailor-made prices for football punters via Twitter at #GetAPrice. Now you can combine match betting with stats like assists, passes, shots, shots on target and tackles in any way you want. Tweet your bet @Ladbrokes with #GetAPrice to get your price. So you have the flexibility of being able to pull your own bets together directly with Ladbrokes Sportsbook’s football trading team.
Available across all Premier League, Championship, Champions League, La Liga and Serie A matches, across Match Result (W-D-W), Both Teams to Score (BTTS), Total Match Goals, Total Match Corners and Total Match Booking Points. Then combine with named player markets – Player to be Carded, Anytime Goalscorer, Shots, Passes, Tackles and Assists. In the event that one or more of the players in any bet does not participate, the bet will be voided and your stake will be returned.
Football Cash Out – Ladbrokes Cash Out supports multiples and football accumulators. Cash Out lets you settle your bets when you think the time is right, so if you’ve placed a successful ACCA with a single leg still outstanding, you can take control of your bet and cash out your winnings.
Ladbrokes Sportsbook cover every United Kingdom and Republic of Ireland Full Service horse race. They also price-up Full Service racing from Dubai, plus there is excellent coverage of French, Indian, South African and United States racing with live streaming available at some meetings. Ladbrokes Sportsbook also cover Happy Valley in Hong Kong.
Ladbrokes offer Best Odds Guaranteed on all bets placed in their pre-race win and each way markets. This promotion is nothing new, but it’s worth mentioning that Ladbrokes were one of the founders of this promotion, including all races across the United Kingdom and Republic of Ireland.
Odds Boost Through the Card – Ladbrokes nominate a horse racing meeting per day, where you can use a single Odds Boost, to give you bigger odds across every race at the meeting. You can login from Midnight and use the Odds Boost and it can be used pre-race or in-play. Just make your selection and hit the ‘Odds Boost’ button in your bet slip. Usable across win-only and each-way bets, with the increased odds being struck across the first £/€200 staked.
Cash Out on Horse Racing Multiples – Horse Racing cash out is available on the outright race winner market on all races. You can now Cash Out your win and each-way horse racing accumulator bets in full, or partially, both pre race or in-running.
Bets available: Win, Each-Way, Match Bets, Without Favourite, Insurebet , Forecast, Winning Distances.
Horse Racing Specials – Additional each way places has always been a speciality of Paddy Power, but Ladbrokes of-late are starting to step up to the mark when it comes to offering far more races with extended each-way places. All are paid out at 1/5 odds for the place.
There’s no doubt that Ladbrokes provides fantastic golf coverage and a real depth of markets. They cover all Major Championships, World Golf Championships, PGA Tour and European Tour tournaments. Unlike plenty of other online bookmakers, Ladbrokes also provides Outright Markets across the secondary level of professional golf covering the Asian, OneAsia, Australasia, Japan Golf, Korean, South American, Sunshine Tours and in the United States the LPGA, Champions Tour and web.com Tour events.
Markets available: Outright Betting, Enhanced Winner Win Only, Top 5, Top 10, 1st Round Leader, 2/3 Balls, Mythical 2 Balls, Match Betting, Tournament Group Betting and Top American/European/Australian/Asian etc, Forecast, Dual Forecast.
Ladbrokes in the main offer the traditional each-way terms of 5 places each-way at full 1/4 odds the place. They do offer additional each way places across the Major Championships including the Masters, U.S. Open, Open Championship and the PGA Championship.
Ladbrokes Key Betting Features
Ladbrokes Live Streaming
Ladbrokes Live Streaming is new and improved, offering customers a diverse range of sports events to view with thousands of matches, tournaments and races broadcast weekly. Ladbrokes Live Streaming now offer up to 2,000 events each and every week. To stream the games or races, you will be needing a positive account balance, or you should have placed a bet within the last 24 hours. Through Ladbrokes Live Streaming you can watch a multitude of events via your PC, iPhone, iPad or Android.
Football is covered in-depth with action across a whole of European competitions and action from further afield including the Major League Soccer from the United States. With streaming of the Spanish La Liga, Italian Serie A, French Ligue 1 and Dutch Eredivisie. Tennis sees action pretty much every day across both ATP and WTA Tours. Basketball is well covered across the United States and European competitions. Ladbrokes also cover Badminton, Darts, Handball, Ice Hockey, Rugby and Snooker. Coral also make a concerted effort, showing live greyhound action from around the United Kingdom via Greyhound TV, from Wednesday through to Sunday.
Ladbrokes Live Streaming also brings Horse Racing live streaming. Every United Kingdom and Republic of Ireland race is available, with selected from the United States and Dubai.
Live Horse Racing Streaming – Ladbrokes Live Streaming
You can always watch UK and Irish Horse Racing via Ladbrokes Live Streaming. Coverage from At The Races and Racing UK is streamed via Ladbrokes for punters who place qualifying bets online. Qualifying bet examples: £1 single, £1 each-way.
Racing UK cover the following tracks – Aintree, Ascot, Ayr, Bangor, Beverley, Carlisle, Cartmel, Catterick, Cheltenham, Chester, Epsom, Exeter, Goodwood, Hamilton, Haydock, Huntingdon, Kelso, Kempton, Ludlow, Market Rasen, Musselburgh, Newbury, Newmarket, Nottingham, Perth, Pontefract, Redcar, Salisbury, Sandown, Thirsk, Warwick, Wetherby, Wincanton and York.
At The Races cover the following tracks – Bath, Brighton, Chelmsford, Chepstow, Doncaster, Fakenham, FFos Las, Fontwell, Hexham, Leicester, Lingfield, Newcastle, Newton Abbot, Plumpton, Ripon, Sedgefield, Southwell, Stratford, Taunton, Towcester, Uttoxeter, Windsor, Wolverhampton, Worcester and Yarmouth.
At The Races have exclusivity when it comes to Republic of Ireland Racing – 26 courses are covered – Ballinrobe, Bellewstown, Clonmel, Cork, Curragh, Down Royal, Downpatrick, Dundalk, Fairyhouse, Galway, Gowran, Kilbeggan, Killarney, Laytown, Leopardstown, Limerick, Listowel, Naas, Navan, Punchestown, Roscommon, Sligo, Thurles, Tipperary, Tralee, Tramore and Wexford.
A key strength of Ladbrokes Sportsbook is its wide range of in-play betting markets, especially for football, golf and tennis – although other sports, including cricket, rugby, baseball, basketball and even handball, volleyball, badminton and beach volleyball are covered. The sheer variety available is something that grabs your attention compared to other United Kingdom facing online bookmakers.
Ladbrokes Cash Out is perhaps the most popular form of this feature currently available. Lock-in profit, lay-off your stake, or minimise a loss, it’s all very possible with Ladbrokes Cash Out. Other bookmakers do not facilitate partial cash out and that’s well worth bearing in mind as Ladbrokes allows that. With visual sliders, it’s easy to use and decide how much of your stake you want to cash out and how much you want to let ride until the end of the event.
Cash Withdrawals via Ladbrokes Stores
Ladbrokes Sportsbook has a distinct unique selling point over other online sportsbook as in you can withdraw / collect winning earned online, via any Ladbrokes betting outlet. Walk into any Ladbrokes shop, present your Username or Customer ID, validate by entering your password into the touchpad at the counter and you can receive your funds in cash. You can withdraw from any of their 2,000 Ladbrokes betting shops nationwide.
Ladbrokes add more value for punters through their insightful series of sportsman blogs, which get under the skin of modern sport. Flat racing punters will love Frankie Dettori’s thoughts as he races across the globe. Dan Skelton is also a recent signing highlighting the goings on at his yard and the inside line on the yard’s horses throughout the season.
2024 Sporting Calendar – Ladbrokes Coverage
2024 promises to be a huge year for sport with a whole host of major events to enjoy and, as ever, Ladbrokes will have every angle covered. Once the customary Christmas tradition that is the World Darts has finished, snooker takes the lead with its iconic Masters tournament which begins on the 7th January.
As usual, tennis fans have the 4 Grand Slams to get their teeth into, beginning with the Australian Open on January 14th, followed by the French Open in May, Wimbledon in June, and the US Open in late August.
Likewise, golf fans see their Majors season kick off, as is tradition, in April with The Masters at Augusta National. The PGA Championship ventures to Valhalla in 2024, with Pinehurst the venue once again for the US Open in June. Then, to complete the set, The Open Championship returns to Royal Troon on the 18th of July for 4 days of the very best links golf on the Ayrshire coast.
In terms of cricket, it’s the shorter format that takes centre stage in 2024 with the ICC World T20 the main international competition, starting on June 4th and being hosted this year in the West Indies and the USA.
Horse Racing fans have the Cheltenham Festival to look forward to in its regular calendar spot of mid-March, with the Grand National a week later than normal this year on the 13th of April. Royal Ascot, Glorious Goodwood and The Derby at Epsom are also huge race days where the very best horses grace us with their presence.
Rugby fans have both the Six Nations to look forward to, and F1 fans will be circling the 7th of July in their diaries for the return of the British Grand Prix to Silverstone.
And then let’s not forget football. The League Cup final is on February 25th this year, with the FA Cup and Champions League finals being held on the 25th of May and the 1st of June respectively. Euro2024 then takes centre stage in the summer of 2024 to ensure we don’t get bored before the start of the new season in August.
There’s plenty more world-class sport to enjoy in 2024, here are some of the highlights for your diary:
- January 7th, Snooker: The Masters
- January 13th, Football: African Cup of Nations
- January 14th, Tennis: Australian Open
- February 2nd, Rugby: Six Nations
- February 11th, NFL: Super Bowl LVIII
- February 25th, Football: EFL Cup Final
- March 2nd, F1: Bahrain Grand Prix
- March 12th, Horse Racing: Cheltenham Festival
- March 14th, Golf: The Players Championship
- March 19th, Basketball. NCAA Finals
- April 8th, Golf: The Masters
- Apr 20th, Snooker: World Snooker Championship
- Apr 13th, Horse Racing: Grand National
- May 4th, Horse Racing: Kentucky Derby
- May 10th, Ice Hockey: World Championship
- May 16th, Golf: US PGA Championship
- May 20th, Tennis: French Open
- May 25th, Football: FA Cup Final
- June 1st, Horse Racing: The Derby
- June 1st, Football: Champions League Final
- June 4th, Cricket: ICC World T20
- June 13th, Golf: US Open
- June 14th, Football: Euro 2024
- June 18th, Horse Racing: Royal Ascot
- June 20th, Football: Copa America
- July 1st, Tennis: Wimbledon
- July 7th, Formula 1: British Grand Prix
- July 18th, Golf: Open Championship
- July 26th, Athletics: Olympic Games
- July 30th, Horse Racing: Glorious Goodwood
- August 26th, Tennis: US Open
- September 10th, Golf: Solheim Cup
- September 18th, Football: Champions League Matchday 1
- September 24th, Golf: Presidents Cup
- October 1st, Football: Champions League Matchday 2
- October 12th, Rugby League: Super League Grand Final
- October 22nd, Football: Champions League Matchday 2
- November 6th, Football: Champions League Matchday 3
- November 10th, Tennis: ATP Finals
- November 14th, DP World Tour Championship
- November 23rd, Formula 1: US Grand Prix, Las Vegas
- November 21st, Snooker: UK Championship
- November 26th, Football: Champions League Matchday 5
- December 10th, Football: Champions League Matchday 6
- December 15th, Darts: World Championship
- December 26th, Horse Racing: King George VI
Ladbrokes has a heritage and history like no other bookmaker in the modern digital age. Early origins go back to the 1880s, but in 1902 Arthur Bendir effectively founded Ladbrokes. Up until this point, his association with Messrs Schwind and Pennington was based around horse training at Ladbroke Hall near Southam in Warwickshire and physically trying to get bets on about the horses being trained. Bendir saw an opportunity where individuals were clearly wanting to bet on horse racing – something which was both relatively basic and outlawed. Bendir understood that he could form a sportsbook, where people would be prepared to back for and against horses. Ladbrokes was established.
It’s early growth was driven by a move to London. Bendir opened a Ladbrokes office in The Strand, where they could take bets from the business community and gentleman clubs in the City. Further physical moves to Hanover Square and then Mayfair in 1913 took place and Ladbrokes established itself as a clandestine bookmaker, prepared to take horse racing bets from London’s wealthy. A move to take Ladbrokes to horse racing venues to expand business further then took place and Bendir used a breaking strategy by hiring a female to represent them at the tracks. Helen Verdet became the first ever lady bookmaker and became a full partner of Ladbrokes in 1918. The business grew between World War I and World War II, but a story of ageing partners and a depressed market post 1945 saw Ladbrokes hit hard times.
In 1956 Cyril Stein and his uncle, Max Parker, acquired the business. They paid £100,000. The business at that stage was still focussed on the upper echelons of London society and Cyril Stein realised that too expand they needed to take the business to new punters. The laws at the time in the United Kingdom restricted cash betting to on course, and all off course bookmaking had to be done on credit. So Stein went for a double pronged approach – looking after his core racing customer-base with large turnover bets, whilst establishing sponsorship of greyhound tracks. This took Ladbrokes to the general public and expanded knowledge of the brand from the few to the masses.
1961 saw betting shops legalised in the United Kingdom and Ladbrokes were in a prime space to take advantage. They opened their first shop in 1962 and were the first bookmaker to open a chain of retail outlets. Ladbrokes shops proved popular as punters could place ante-post bets and Stein also saw the huge opportunity of offering fixed odds bets on football, earlier than his competition. With around 100 shops and 5 credit offices Ladbrokes became the first PLC launched on the London Stock Exchange in 1967.
History through the 1970s and 1980s saw Ladbrokes expand into Belgium, via the purchase of Tiercé SA, giving them ownership of 400 established betting shops in Belgium. 1986 saw Texas Homecare purchased, which they then sold to Sainsburys. 1988 saw them purchase Hilton International hotels, which they then sold back to Hilton for £3.3 billion in 2005. However the core bookmaking business had been the key driver to success. Stein retired in 1993, but by that time Ladbrokes had 1,750 betting shops. A plan for further expansion happened in 1997 when Ladbrokes agreed to purchase Coral from Bass plc, although the deal was quashed in 1998 by the Monopolies and Mergers Commission.
2000 saw Ladbrokes move into the online age, which was actually substantially later than Victor Chandler, Stan James and Coral. Naturally their huge retail reach saw a large uptake of their customers open online accounts, rather than bet in-shop, but Ladbrokes online expansion was always disappointing. On 30 September 2013, Ladbrokes issued a warning that full year profits from its internet division, prompting CEO Richard Glynn to state; “Our digital earnings have been disappointing, reflecting a lack of competitiveness in sportsbook, lower margins than planned, and a greater disruptive impact than expected from the transition necessary to grow digital for the long term.” Harsh words highlighting that Ladbrokes were way behind the likes of bet365, Betfair and Paddy Power when it came to both the United Kingdom and international online market.
July 2015 saw Ladbrokes and Coral in negotiations to merge. An agreement was made, making the merged company the biggest bookmaker in the United Kingdom – overtaking William Hill in the process. The two brands as we know still trade separately both in retail and online, but the synergies of the two organisations merging is immense, forming a company worth £2.3 billion. In October 2016 the merging parties PLC were ordered by Competition and Markets Authority to sell 359 betting shops before the merger was approved which it was on 2nd November 2016. Technically Ladbrokes purchased Coral, forming Ladbrokes Coral plc, with Ladbrokes’ chief executive Jim Mullen became CEO of the new company.
Now employing over 16000 people across their multiple London and Gibraltar operations, Ladbrokes Coral are one of the elite bookmakers globally. Revenue across financial year 2015/16 was £383million – up 55%. Active customer numbers were significantly higher across both Coral and Ladbrokes online sites. Punters placed an incredible £8.5 billion of sports bets across the year.
Ladbrokes itself is now the 21st most visited online sports betting and gaming company globally.
Short Facts - Ladbrokes
- Company Name: Entain Group
- Registered Offices: 5th Floor The Zig Zag Building 70 Victoria Street, London, SW1E 6SQ.
- Founded: 1886.
- CEO: Jim Mullen
- Employees: 16500.
- Company Registration: Registered in the United Kingdom company number 566221.
- Licenses: UK: British Gambling Commission under licence number 1611; Gibraltar: Licence No: RGL 010 & RGL 012.
Ladbrokes Sportsbook Customer Support & Safer Gambling Tools
Ladbrokes Sportsbook customer support may be reached through:
- Email Support: Available 24 hours a day through the Support section of the Sportsbook website.
- Twitter: @LadbrokesCare
- Freephone: UK Freephone: 0800 731 6191
- International: 0044 208 515 2565
Ladbrokes Safer Gambling Tools
As a responsible operator, Ladbrokes have a whole host of safer gambling tools at their members’ disposal and offer advice on staying in control of your gambling.
You can fully track your activity and access your longer term profit and loss, plus they have flexible deposit limit options to ensure you can control how much you spend on a basis that suits you. Included in this are ‘Max Stake Limits’ so you can’t exceed your set maximum stake per spin on slots, plus they offer ‘Deposit Curfews’ to prevent you from adding funds to your account at times that you specify.
‘Reality Checks’ also allow you to keep tabs on how long you’re playing for and manage your time accordingly. ‘Time Out’ options are available for anybody who wants to take a break from using Ladbrokes for a period of time, and of course there’s the option to self-exclude if you prefer.
About The Author - Paul Williams
This article was written by Paul Williams and published at 10:30GMT 30.01.24.
Paul has been involved in the gambling industry for well over a decade and has extensive experience of using both online and offline bookmakers as well as writing about gambling-related features and offers.
This experience has helped shape Paul’s value-oriented approach to sports betting, with a particular focus on the bookmakers who offer better odds and customer promotions. Paul’s favourite sports for betting on are golf and football.