Unibet New Customer Offer - £50 New Customer Welcome Offer
Unibet New Customer Offers, January 2019
Unibet New Customer Offers
£50 New Customer Welcome Offer: £40 Money Back Bonus + £10 Casino Bonus. New Customers Only. 18+. Further Terms and Conditions Apply. BeGambleAware.org. No promo code required – use this link to claim your Unibet sign up bonus today!
- Significant terms: New customers only. 18+, BeGambleAware.org. Get money back as a bonus up to £40 if your first bet loses + £10 casino bonus. Minimum deposit £10. You must wager your bonus money 3x to make it withdrawable at minimum odds of 1.40 (2/5) in Sportsbook, 35x for Casino. Bonus will expire after 30 days of opt-in. For full terms and conditions click here.
Please note, the remainder of this page refers to the standard £40 welcome offer.
Unibet now offer new customers a boosted £40 welcome offer, which works as a Bet £20, Get £40 in Free Bets and Bonuses. All of the latest Unibet new customer offers are listed on this page alongside the correct qualifying links and relevant promotion codes. For those needing the promo code for the Unibet Sports Welcome Offer, press ‘Reveal’ at the top of the page.
- * Unibet Sportsbook Bet £20, Get £40 in Free Bets and Bonuses: New customers only. 18+. BeGambleAware.org Minimum deposit is £10. Place any sportsbook bet (except Racing) of £20+ at minimum odds of 2/5 (1.40) to receive your free bets and casino bonus. 35x wagering requirement on casino bonus. Free bet will expire 7 days after opt-in. £20 casino bonus will expire after 30 days of opt-in. Further Terms and Conditions Apply.
New customers only, 18+, T&Cs apply.
|Unibet Sportsbook||Unibet Sign Up Offer 2019|
|Welcome Bonus Value||£40 - £20 Free Sports Bets + £20 Casino Bonus|
|Minimum Odds||2/5 (1.4)|
|Free Bet Expiry||7 days|
|Promo Code||None Required - Auto Applied|
|Qualifying Link||Claim Here|
Unibet have just introduced a new free bet offer for new customers, moving away from there previous promotion, which was a guaranteed money back first bet, for losing bets. This is a new free bet departure for Unibet Sports and one to be welcomed. To become a new customer and receive their £40 Sports Welcome Offer, simply use on of our qualifying links. We also have all of the latest Unibet new customer offers which are listed on this page. You don’t currently require a Unibet promo code to access any of their current new customer offers across Sportsbook, Casino or Poker products. For a more detailed walkthrough of how this offer works read our Unibet Welcome Offer Explained page.
|Unibet Product||Unibet New Customer Offers 2019||Unibet Promo Code||Qualifying Link|
|Sportsbook - Offer 1||£50 Sports Welcome Offer 1||No Promo Code Required||Claim Here|
|Sportsbook - Offer 2||Bet £20 Get £40 Welcome Offer 2||No Promo Code Required||Claim Here|
|Casino||200% Up To £200 Bonus||No Promo Code Required||Claim Here|
|Poker||Up To £500 Bonus + £20 Extra||No Promo Code Required||Claim Here|
- 1 Offer 1, significant terms: New customers only. 18+, BeGambleAware.org. Get money back as a bonus up to £40 if your first bet loses + £10 casino bonus. Minimum deposit £10. You must wager your bonus money 3x to make it withdrawable at minimum odds of 1.40 (2/5) in Sportsbook, 35x for Casino. Bonus will expire after 30 days of opt-in. Further Terms and Conditions Apply. For full terms and conditions click here
- 2 Offer 2, significant terms: New customers only. 18+. BeGambleAware.org Minimum deposit is £10. Place any sportsbook bet (except Racing) of £20+ at minimum odds of 2/5 (1.40) to receive your free bets and casino bonus. 35x wagering requirement on casino bonus. Free bet will expire 7 days after opt-in. £20 casino bonus will expire after 30 days of opt-in. Further Terms and Conditions Apply. For full terms and conditions click here
Unibet have just brought out a superb new customer promotion for their Sportsbook product. There has never been a better time to open a new account with Unibet who are now offering a £40 Welcome Offer. The first part of that comes in the form of a Bet £20, Get £20 of free bets. Unibet then provide an additional £20 Casino Bonus, turning this into a £40 Welcome Package. Once a Unibet customer, the Malta-based bookmaker treat their punters like royalty. Their In-Play Free Bet Club hands-out free In-Play bets on a weekly basis. Unibet’s range of markets and sporting events is unsurpassed and their In-Play betting experience in-tandem with Unibet TV live streaming, which broadcasts over 40,000 live sports events is top-notch.
Simply press the ‘Reveal’ button at the head of this page or follow one of our signposted links for the latest Unibet new customer offers. These deals are checked on a daily basis to ensure that they’re all are current and available. Click on the relevant offer link to access the promotion of your choice.
Unibet new customer offers currently span sportsbook, casino and the hugely popular poker products. Their £40 United Kingdom and Northern Ireland sports welcome offer provides a free £10 pre-event bet (excludes Horse Racing), a free £10 in-play bet and an additional £20 Casino Bonus, where you can real-play their award-winning Casino for free. Press the ‘Reveal’ button at the top of the page to reveal the latest promo code you need to access.
- Unibet Casino 200% Bonus Up T0 £200: New customers only. 18+. Minimum deposit £10. 35 x wagering requirement applies. Bonus will expire after 30 days of opt-in. Further T&C’s apply. www.begambleaware.org
- Unibet Poker Up T0 £500 Bonus + £20 Extra: New customers only. 18+. £20 extra = one cash game ticket of €8 and 4 x UK Tour tournament tickets of €4. £500 Playthrough bonus = €600. Bonuses are activated upon first deposit from the poker client. Tickets expire after 35 days and the playthrough bonus after 60. £1 = €1.1875. Further T&C’s apply. www.begambleaware.org
Unibet Sign Up Offer - Step by Step Introduction
Follow the 5 stages below to access Unibet’s £40 Sportsbook welcome offer:
• Close any instances of the Unibet website on your browser.
• To access the Unibet Bet £20, Get £40 in Free Bets and Bonuses, press the reveal promo code button at the top of the page or alternatively click here – our Sportsbook links qualify you for and entitle you to the £40 welcome offer once you place a qualifying first £20 bet.
• Now you’ve landed on the Unibet website. Click the “Register Now” to the left-hand side of Unibet’s website.
Now start filling out your details under the ‘Register with us’ header. You’ll be asked to enter a username and password, which you should record and keep private – you need these details ongoing to login. No Unibet promo code in 2018 is required as part of the registration process as the qualifying links on this page have automatically applied the £40 welcome offer, signified by the ‘Yes I’m in’ button being defaulted to Yes. Remember to tick the I am 18+ and agree to the Terms & Conditions box and click the ‘Join’ button to become a Unibet customer.
• Now you’ve registered, it’s time to make your first deposit. It’s imperative that you make your first deposit via either a credit / debit card, PayPal or promotion qualifying e-wallet. Deposit at least £20 (you need to place a £20 qualifying first bet) and place your first sportsbook bet at odds of at least 2/5 (1.4). This bet can be on any sport except Horse Racing. Win, each-way and multiple bets are all welcomed. If you choose to use your first qualifying sportsbook bet on a multiple, each leg of the multiple must be minimum odds of 2/5 (1.4) to qualify.
• Your first bet to qualify must be a minimum £20 win stake, with a £10 each-way bet (£20 total) also activating the promotion.
• Unibet, once your qualifying bet has been settled – regardless of whether your qualifying bet is a win or a loss, will give you a £10 pre-match free bet and a £10 In-play free bet. These free bets must be used within 7 days. The free bets will appear in the betslip when you attempt to place a bet. Your £20 Casino bonus will be credited to your account the next working day after you make your first deposit and is valid for 30 days. The bonus must be wagered 35 times on casino products before any bonus funds or winnings can be withdrawn. This £20 Casino Bonus cannot be wagered on sports bets.
Unibet Welcome Offer Details
- Free Bet Amount – £20 in free bets
- Qualifying Deposit – £10 (beware that a £20 first bet has to be placed to qualify)
- Qualifying Deposit Method – can be via either a cash card, credit card, PayPal or other e-wallet.
- Qualifying Bet – Sportsbook (Fixed Odds) – The promotion is triggered after your first bet. Stake £20 win-only, £10 each-way (£20 in-total) or £20 on a multiple with odds of at least 2/5 (1.4). In the case of multiples each leg also has to have minimum odds of 2/5 (1.4).
- Free Bet Activation – Your free bets will be credited after your qualifying bet is settled. £20 Casino Bonus is received the next working day after qualifying deposit.
- Free Bet Terms and Conditions- Regardless of whether your qualifying bet wins or loses, Unibet will give you a £10 pre-match free bet and a £10
- In-play free bet. These free bets must be used within 7 days of opting-in to the promotion. The free bets will appear in the betslip when you attempt to place bet. Any returns from the free bets will not include the stake. The Casino Bonus has to be wagered 35x within a maximum 30 days from point of opting-in to the promotion, before it or any profits can withdrawn.
Unibet new customer offer 2019 updates
The Unibet new customer offers detailed on this page are due to run into 2019. If any of the deals change before that time then we’ll list the updated promotions on this page.
Unibet Existing Customers
If you’re an existing Unibet customer, a breakdown of ongoing sports promotions offers is summarised further down the page – click here to view these offers. Unibet were one of the first bookmakers to recognise that their existing customer base needs to be incentivised to remain happy, so free bet promotions are a core part of the Unibet marketing platform. However they DO NOT give away free bets via promo codes. So if you’re looking for an immediate free bet via a bonus code you won’t find one anywhere online.
However below we’ve hand-picked 2 online bookmakers who currently offer the best value when it comes to free bets in the market today. bet365 and Sky Bet have a promotional offer where they give away guaranteed free bets ongoing. Welcome free bets and bonuses are available immediately and both bookmakers are top-ranked for ongoing sports promotions across football and horse racing.
- Weekly Free Bets – Paddy’s Rewards Club hands out free bets on a weekly basis. Loyal punters receive a £10 free bet each and every week for a £50 outlay.
- 2 Up You Win – Your bet will be paid in full if your team go 2-0 up across the Premier League, Champions League and La Liga.
- Welcome Offer – Don’t put up with the standard £20 free bet if you go direct to William Hill – get £30 in free bets using promo code C30.
- New William Hill online customers only. Min. unit stake of £10/€10 at odds of 1/2 or greater. Only the “win” part from EW bets will count. Free bet terms, payment method & country restrictions apply. Free bets credited as 3 x £10/€10. Free bet stakes are not returned as part of the settlement of successful free bets. All Free Bets must be wagered within 30 days.
- Daily Bet Boost – You choose the odds you want to boost on a daily basis with William Hill Bet Boosts. To reward loyalty William Hill give their customers a Bet Boost to use every day, on any pre-match market, on any sport. Bigger odds at the tap of the Bet Boost button – available on William Hill app and new mobile site.
- Horse Racing – The brand new ‘High 5’ promotion is perfect for short odds favourites with an additional 25% bonus on top of your winnings if they win by 5 lengths or more. William Hill offer regular additional Each Way places and the biggest Daily Maximum Payout in racing.
Why Open a Unibet Account?
Unibet may seem a new sports and gaming brand on the scene, but make no mistake these guys have been offering a top-level customer experience in the online arena since 2001. The Number 1 across Denmark, Sweden, Norway, the Netherlands and Belgium, Unibet are a global player the likes of which are challenging bet365 for title of global leader. The fifth busiest online betting website globally, Unibet has over 14 million registered users and with circa 1.2 million active punters and players, Unibet continues to grow, especially now in the United Kingdom and Northern Ireland.
Undoubtedly our shores are a market where Unibet wants to grow to become an established player and to that end TV advertising and sponsorship of English cricket, sees their brand presence growing. More importantly for new customers, their welcome offer separates them from their online competitors. Their latest £40 Welcome Offer, sees Unibet really make their intentions clear – put simply they want new UK Sportsbook business. Register, deposit a minimum of £20 and then place a qualifying £20 stake first bet. New customers will then receive a rather nice free bet and casino bonus package, which at £40 total is very generous in the current online bookmaker market place. This promotion is for new customers in the United Kingdom and Northern Ireland and comes in the form of a £10 free pre-match bet, £10 free in-play bet and a £20 Casino Bonus .
- Unibet Sportsbook Bet £20, Get £40 in Free Bets and Bonuses: New customers only. 18+. BeGambleAware.org Minimum deposit is £10. Place any sportsbook bet (except Racing) of £20+ at minimum odds of 2/5 (1.40) to receive your free bets and casino bonus. 35x wagering requirement on casino bonus. Free bet will expire 7 days after opt-in. £20 casino bonus will expire after 30 days of opt-in. Further Terms and Conditions Apply.
Another huge positive for Unibet comes in the way they reward customer loyalty. They steal a march on other online bookmakers by focusing their existing customer free bets offer on their exceptional live in-play betting experience, which in-reality challenges bet365 for it’s coverage and depth of markets. If you want to bet on any game, match or race worldwide, Unibet In-Play is likely to offer you coverage and odds on it. To encourage their customers to experience their market-matching live betting experience the In-Play Free Bet Club gives away £/€10 of free bets each week to it’s members. That is £/€260 per annum, with the qualifying criteria that a punter needs to make £/€50 of In-Play football, tennis, darts or cricket bets each week to earn the reward. No other online bookmaker offers a specific in-play free bet offer, so if you are a keen in-play punter make sure you have Unibet as part of your sports betting operator portfolio.
From a Gaming perspective, look out for Unibet Casino who currently have one of the leading welcome bonuses available in the market. A £200 or €200 Welcome Bonus powered by a whopping 200% first deposit bonus is uncomplicated and means that for as little a £100 first deposit, new players get a total wallet of £300.
Unibet Poker is one of the leading European poker websites, based on Unibet’s decision in early 2014 to focus the experience solely for recreational poker players. With Unibet Poker heads-up displays are banned and tables are almost entirely filled by players who aren’t too serious and simply are having a relaxing game of poker. To encourage player numbers – which has exploded since the 2014 change – Unibet Poker give new players £20 of poker tournament play for free when you make your first deposit via the Poker Client. They also offer a huge £500 play-through bonus, which like virtually all poker bonuses is released the more poker you play.
A summary of the latest Unibet new customer offers and ongoing customer promotions can be seen below:
|Unibet New Customer Offers|
|Bet £20, Get £40 in Free Bets and Casino Bonuses||Unibet give new Sports customers a £40 Welcome Offer. Stake £20 on your first qualifying bet and receive £20 of free bets and a £20 Casino welcome bonus.|
|£200 Welcome Bonus with Unibet Casino||A highly generous £200 Welcome Bonus package is available for new players with Unibet Casino.|
|Weekly Free Bets|
|In-Play Free Bet Club||Join the In-Play Bet Club to get a free £10 free in-play bet every week, when you place 5 in-play bets of £10+ on football, cricket darts and tennis. Yes that's £260 per annum in free bets, based on you placing £50 of in-play bets each week.|
|Football ACCA Rush||A 25% bonus on top of your winnings for successful 5-fold Premier League ACCAs.|
|Goalscorer Madness||Unibet pride themselves are giving enhanced odds across Europe's best strikers each and every week across Anytime and First Goalscorer markets.|
|Maximum Payout Protection||Unibet are not scared of taking a bet or paying-out big sums. Their £1 million daily maximum payout limit across the top competitions is exceptional.|
Unibet by Sport
We took a Premier League fixture and ran through the individual betting markets available pre-match with Unibet. In all, 185 markets were available to place a bet on. Naturally we will not list all of the individual markets, but a flavour can be seen in the list below:
Pre-Match Popular Markets available: Match Betting, Both Teams to Score, Both Teams to Score and Total, Match Result and Both Teams to Score, Double Chance, Draw No Bet, Half-Time/Full-Time; Scorecast Markets: First Goalscorer Scorecast, To Score Anytime, Last Goalscorer Scorecast, 1st Half Scorecast, Goalscorer Markets: First Goalscorer, Last Goalscorer, First & Last Goalscorer, Anytime Goalscorer; Scorer Win Cast, Total Goals, Exact Total Goals, Total Goals Odd/Even; Handicap Markets: Handicap 0:2, 0:1, 1:0, Asian Handicap 1st Half & 2nd Half; 5 Minute Markets: Goal Scored, Corner Awarded, Card Shown, Penalty Awarded, What Will Happen?; Goal Time: Time of 1st Goal by Team, Time of 1st Goal Under/Over by Team; Match Goal by 15 minutes.
In-play Premier League Betting – 104 different in-play markets available across Premier League matches. You will struggle to find another online bookmaker with this depth of coverage.
Goalscorer Madness – Boosted goalscorer odds for the best strikers in Europe! Yes you read that correctly – Messi, Robben, Kane, Vardy, Higuain, just to mention a few. This is a regular promotion at the weekend, covering Anytime and First Goalscorer boosted odds. Remember though that special boosted prices are only available under “Unibet Featured” in the odds tree. Bets placed on the normal markets will be at standard prices.
Football ACCA Rush – A huge boost for Premier League ACCA backers. Unibet have run this promotion for a chunk of time now, where successful Premier League W-D-W ACCAs receive a cracking 25% bonus on top of the winnings. That compares to a 10% bonus with bet365’s similar ACCA bonus promotion. To be eligible you need to have opted in to the promotion from Monday to Thursday and Unibet add the Profit Boost to your account by Noon every Friday during the 2017-18 Premier League season.
Unibet Football Maximum Payouts – Clearly football accumulators are by far the most popular bet when it comes to multiples. It may shock you to read that some online bookmakers have daily payout ceilings as low as £200,000 for ACCAs which include a Scottish Premiership match. Their maximum payout rules, dictate what a winning punter receives and they do not pay a penny more. So it’s well worth recognising that Unibet provides excellent coverage when it comes to daily maximum payouts, with the Malta based online bookmaker paying out up to £1 million per day across the following competitions:
FIFA+UEFA Internationals incl Qualifiers.
UEFA Champions League, UEFA Europa League.
English Premier League, Scottish Premiership, Spanish LaLiga, German Bundesliga, Italian Serie A, French Ligue 1, Danish Superliga, Dutch Eredivisie, Norwegian Tippeligaen and Swedish Allsvenskan.
Main domestic cup in Denmark, England, France, Germany, Italy, Netherlands, Norway, Scotland, Sweden & Spain.
This £1 million coverage across countries such as Denmark, Norway, Sweden and the Netherlands in unbeatable and is a huge up-side for punters who like to bet on top-level football across these countries.
Unibet cover every United Kingdom and Republic of Ireland Full Service horse race. They also price-up Full Service racing from Dubai, plus there is excellent coverage of South African racing.
Specific horse racing promotions from Unibet have included money back if your horse finishes 2nd up to a stake of £10. They have also had a specific £10 Free Bet promotion for At The Races viewers, whereby by invite only, ATR customers could have a free a £10 bet each Saturday on an ITV Racing live televised race.
Bets available: Win, Each-Way, Forecast, Tricast, Match Bets, Distance Betting.
Unibet take the stance of offering less specific sports promotions, which increases the margin available to give away excellent odds. So in the case of horse racing, despite not giving away Best Odds Guaranteed, you shouldn’t discount Unibet out of hand, because they are offer some excellent odds across live ITV Racing and every day ATR/UK Racing televised meetings.
Golf coverage from Unibet has improved massively of late. Expect excellent market-leading odds and now they take each way bets. something which has been missing across their coverage until mid-2017. Previously you could only back to win or back a top 5 finish. All Major Championship, PGA Tour and European Tour events are covered, as well as a new addition – the ladies LPGA.
Markets available: Outright Betting, 1st Round Leader, Tournament Group Betting, Top American/European/English/Asian/Canadian/South African/Spaniard/Swede, Top Left Hander, Top Past Champion.
Each way betting is a new and most needed additional feature for golf betting with Unibet. Again this clearly highlights that Unibet are continually improving their sportsbook product for the United Kingdom and Republic of Ireland markets. Additional places have been available across the Major Championships since each way betting went live, but Unibet at the moment are focussing on giving traditional 5 places 1/4 odds, but providing punters with the very biggest odds. That is no bad thing, and if you want the biggest odds on your particular selection(s) always make sure you visit Unibet. That also goes for First Round Leader betting where their prices are always excellent compared to plenty of other online sportbooks.
Unibet Key Betting Features
Unibet TV offers customers a diverse range of sports events to view with thousands of matches, tournaments and races broadcast weekly. To stream the games or races, you will be needing a positive account balance, or you should have placed a bet within the last 24 hours. Through UTV, you can watch a multitude of events covering football, tennis, hockey, T20 cricket, ice hockey, basketball, handball and volleyball. Unibet also make a concerted effort, showing live greyhound action from around the United Kingdom every night.
Unibet offers a great selection of sports for you to enjoy via their live streaming service, including football, tennis, basketball, cricket, ice hockey and golf among others. The range of sports, leagues and tournaments available to watch via Unibet live streaming is superb, from NHL ice hockey to NBA basketball, South American football to rugby league and rugby union. Their Scandinavian heritage also means that U.S. sports are covered in huge detail. Football fans will love Unibet’s coverage of LaLiga, Bundesliga and Serie A.
Live Horse Racing Streaming – Unibet TV
You can always watch UK and Irish Horse Racing via Unibet TV. Coverage from At The Races and Racing UK is streamed via Unibet for punters who place qualifying bets online. Qualifying bet examples: £1 single, 50p each-way, £2 doubles and £3 trebles.
Racing UK cover the following tracks – Aintree, Ascot, Ayr, Bangor, Beverley, Carlisle, Cartmel, Catterick, Cheltenham, Chester, Epsom, Exeter, Goodwood, Hamilton, Haydock, Huntingdon, Kelso, Kempton, Ludlow, Market Rasen, Musselburgh, Newbury, Newmarket, Nottingham, Perth, Pontefract, Redcar, Salisbury, Sandown, Thirsk, Warwick, Wetherby, Wincanton and York.
At The Races cover the following tracks – Bath, Brighton, Chelmsford, Chepstow, Doncaster, Fakenham, FFos Las, Fontwell, Hexham, Leicester, Lingfield, Newcastle, Newton Abbot, Plumpton, Ripon, Sedgefield, Southwell, Stratford, Taunton, Towcester, Uttoxeter, Windsor, Wolverhampton, Worcester and Yarmouth.
At The Races have exclusivity when it comes to Republic of Ireland Racing, all of which is live streamed via Unibet TV. 26 courses are covered – Ballinrobe, Bellewstown, Clonmel, Cork, Curragh, Down Royal, Downpatrick, Dundalk, Fairyhouse, Galway, Gowran, Kilbeggan, Killarney, Laytown, Leopardstown, Limerick, Listowel, Naas, Navan, Punchestown, Roscommon, Sligo, Thurles, Tipperary, Tralee, Tramore and Wexford.
Unibet Sports Statistics
Unibet have a dedicated statistics microsite which is amazing, available from the left hand navigation. It covers football, tennis, ice hockey, hockey, basketball, volleyball, handball, American football, Aussie rules, badminton, bandy, baseball, beach soccer, curling, darts, floorball, futsal, motorsport, pesapallo, rugby, snooker, squash, table tennis and water polo. Results, tables, statistical breakdowns across competitions and countries. It’s an amazing resource.
A key strength of Unibet is its wide range of in-play betting markets, especially for football, golf and tennis – although other sports, including cricket, rugby, baseball, basketball and even handball, volleyball, badminton and beach volleyball are covered. The sheer variety available is something that grabs your attention compared to other United Kingdom facing online bookmakers. With Unibet’s global presence and coverage, they cover pretty much all leagues, all countries and all sports, so if you have a niche you like to excel at, Unibet are likely to serve your needs.
Unibet’s Cash Out was one of the first to market known originally as ‘Cash-In.’
Lock-in profit, lay-off your stake, or minimise a loss, it’s all very possible with Unibet Cash Out. Full cash out is readily available, but as yet Unibet do not offer partial cash out and that’s well worth bearing in-mind.
Superscore is an exciting pool-betting game where you have to predict the exact score in a series of matches. All the money goes into a common pool that is split between the winners. The Superscore coupon is available via Unibet Sports and naturally you can enter multiples times. The final odds on a combination will be the total money in the prize pool divided by the total stake placed on that combination. If you predict the correct score for all matches you’ll win the final odds multiplied by the row price. If there isn’t a winner the prize money will be transferred to the bonus fund. The bonus fund will be used to add extra prize money into jackpot coupons.
Established in 1997, Unibet’s rate of success has been phenomenal. Now part of Kindred PLC, which includes Stan James and 32red, Unibet only launched their first website in 1999. Before then Unibet entered the United Kingdom with a phone betting service, but the following year it launched its first website in 2 languages – English and Swedish. From the outset though, Unibet saw growth in mainland Europe as a huge priority, before tackling the most competitive markets on the globe – the United Kingdom and Republic of Ireland. So by 2001, Unibet was available in 12 languages, across its sportsbook betting site. By 2003 Unibet had also added casino and live in-play betting.
2004 saw Unibet listed on the Stockholm, NASDAQ Nordic and business was growing from strength-to-strength. At this point, owner and founder Andres Strom became one of only five companies that got the first license award back when Malta became the first EU member state to regulate online gaming in 2004. Growth in its key Scandinavian markets continued to be fuelled when Unibet became one of the first online operators to launch a mobile platform, allowing punters to bet at the event or anywhere on the move. As well as developing its own products such as the hugely successful Unibet Poker brand, much of the growth has also been powered by aggressive purchasing of rivals. That started in 2005 with the purchase of MrBookmaker.com who were a Belgian and French facing sportsbook. 2007 saw them purchase Maria Holdings for £54 million. Maria were big in bingo across Scandinavia and had circa 20,000 active customers. With that purchase came trading websites Maria Bingo, Maria Casino.com, Carlos Poker and Carlos’ Place, plus the very lucrative www.bingo.se. domain. Unibet cleverly accessed a mainly female customer base with this purchase. By this stage Unibet now had over 2 million registered customers across 100 countries.
2007 also saw the very first Unibet Open poker tournament take place in Warsaw, which then continued in 2008 with tournaments in Madrid, Milan and Warsaw. By 2009, the Unibet Open was one of the major poker tournaments in Europe with events in Budapest, Algarve, London, Prague and Warsaw. Today the Unibet Open is the largest poker tournament in Europe with popular events taking place in London, Bucharest and Copenhagen. 2017 also saw the Unibet Open travel to the Wynn Hotel in Las Vegas, for its very first competition in the casino capital. With ever-growing numbers of players from amateurs to professionals battling for six-figure prize pools in some of the continent’s most glamorous locations, the Unibet Open is hugely popular and drives great business for the Unibet Casino website where winners get free entry to Open tournaments. A dedicated Unibet Poker UK Tour also started in 2017 with events across a Brighton, Glasgow, Nottingham, Brighton (again) and Manchester.
Travnet, Scandinavia’s largest trotting company was purchased in 2008 and then in 2011 Unibet purchased Australian independent online corporate bookmaker Betchoice Corporation Party Limited for £13.6 million while November saw it pay £4.8 million in order to take control of French operator Solfive SAS, with EurosportBet and EurosportPoker brands. 2012 Unibet turned its attention to the newly regulated gambling market in Denmark where it purchased 48 licences. The following year, it then continued its cross-Europe expansion by purchasing Danish online sportsbook Bet24 for £11.25 million from its owner Modern Times Group. With the purchase came Bet24.com and Bet24.dk sports betting domains.
Late 2013 also saw Unibet take the very astute decision to leave the Microgaming Poker Network and launch its own network. Unibet entered a strategic partnership with software developer Relax Gaming to provide a new social gaming community for online poker players. At the time Unibet’s Head of Gaming Daniel Eskola stated, “This project has given us the possibility to start from a blank piece of paper and define everything we believe is important for a fun poker experience. In a way, our goal is to bring the fun back to poker by creating software with a clear focus on the casual player.”
With Unibet launching its new poker network in January 2014, the year continued to be huge with some fundamental developments. June saw Unibet launch a spin-off of its B2B subsidiary – Kambi Group, which to this day provides sports betting services to licensed B2C gaming operators. Kambi now has over 500 employees based across Malta, Bucharest, London, Manila, Stockholm and Sydney. Clients include 888sport, LeoVegas and Grovesnor Casino. The year also ended with Unibet spending $8 million purchasing the Bingo.com domain and Bingo.com Ltd’s related European real-money gambling operations. To this day, Bingo.com still markets in the UK and across Scandinavia. 2014 also saw Unibet generate £312 million of gross winnings, with a £93.4 million overall profit – active customers numbers were up to 600,000.
2015 was a momentous year for Unibet, using their tried and trusted acquisition strategy, they decided to purchase a well established name within the United Kingdom betting industry, when purchasing Stan James. They paid only £19 million for the Malta-based bookmaker who they continue to run as a separate brand – why wouldn’t you after the brand equity that Stan James has built over the years. CEO Henrik Tjärnström said “Stan James as an operator is one of the most well-respected in the UK market with particular strengths in horse-racing and other British sports. Over time we see a significant potential to increase the breadth of the Stan James product range, such as live streaming, casino and improving the mobile offering.” Clearly Unibet gained a considerable chunk of United Kingdom and a not insignificant piece of Republic of Ireland market share with this purchase.
December 2016 saw Unibet plc become Kindred Group plc, but Unibet still operates as was. More interestingly February 2017 saw Kindred purchase the online casino and sportsbook brand 32red plc in a deal dwarfing the Stan James purchase. 32red, Roxy Palace and a number of smaller online casinos were transferred to Kindred ownership. In all the deal cost £176 million and again highlights how serious Kindred are taking building a significant customer base in the United Kingdom.
Now employing 1,150 people across Australia, Belgium, Denmark, Estonia, France, Gibraltar, Guernsey, Italy, Malta, Sweden and United Kingdom operations, Kindred plc is a huge force in not just European, but global online betting. Company reports from 2016 show that 44% of Kindred business comes from the Nordics with 45% from Western Europe. Active customers have now risen to 1.15 million versus 600,000 in 2014. Revenue across the group was £544 million with profit at £120 million up from £77 million in 2015. But the power of Unibet can be seen from the fact that they are now the 6th most visited gambling website globally. They maybe behind global leader bet365, but Unibet has a busier website than William Hill, Skybet, Paddy Power and many other United Kingdom focussed brands.
Short Facts - Unibet
- Company Name: Unibet Group plc.
- Registered Offices: c/o Camilleri Preziosi, Level 2, Valletta Buildings, South Street, Valletta VLT 1103, Malta.
- Founded: 1997
- Employees: 1,150
- Company Registration: Registered in Malta company number C-39017.
- License: UK: British Gambling Commission under licence number 45322; Gibraltar: Government of Gibraltar Licence Numbers RGL 091 & RGL 092
Unibet Customer Support
Unibet customer support may be reached through:
- Live Chat is available 24 hours a day, full-year round.
- Email: email@example.com
- Freephone: UK Freephone: 0800 329 393 (calls are now free from mobiles).
- International: 0044 207 257 8701
- Corporate website: Kindred plc